Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Road Kill

Marcia, a clinical psychologist I met at Starbucks a few weeks ago, surmised  that I may be afflicted with high functioning Aspergers. We only spoke for 10 minutes, but I'm a believer in quality over quantity. Anyway, I told her one of the many things that "set me off" are the bums masquerading as military veterans collecting money (panhandling) in the road medians. The issue for me is that I see them occasionally on my way to work at Pencils, and that pretty much sets the tone for me for the remainder of the day. It's not so much a case of anger management as being so pissed off I want to run these guys over (with my Ford Explorer- see previous post). Bill DiPaolo, a reporter for The Palm Beach Post, wrote an excellent and unbiased expose about the shady Veteran's Support Group and if you are thinking about making a contribution to these charlatans, I suggest you read his article first:
Panhandling Organization Under Fire Over Claims To Help Vets
As for my Aspergers, it hasn't affected my work at Pencils unless someone walks in with a huge plate of smelly Nachos or starts singing "Happy Birthday".

2 comments:

  1. pencil guy ..........all I can say is ..... word. And thanks ! I've long wondered if these douchetards were legit. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep spreading the word. They got me at the base of the middle bridge. Then I read the story of them all being fake soldiers. Now I want to run them over every time I see them. They also seem to be multiplying!!!

    ReplyDelete