Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Full "Mental" Jacket

It takes a lot to creep me out, but one customer last night managed to raise the bar. He was a middle-aged guy and had two kids with him, a boy and a girl, both young teenagers. What immediately caught my attention was he looked like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket, only he was wearing large wire frame glasses... I'll also go out on a limb and say his photo may be on one of those registered sex offender websites. In any case, he spent over an hour looking at shitty MP3 players when he finally came up to the Tech Bench said, "Can I ask you a few questions?" My first reaction was to say "Fuck Off" and call The Department of Children's Services, but said, "Go ahead." For starters, he wanted to know how many movies and songs his son could load on the MP3 player. As it only had 4GB, I told him that depended, but asked why didn't his son want to buy an iPod at Best Buy instead. Well, come to find out this poor kid didn't know what iTunes was, apparently had no friends who he could pirate movies and music from, and was stuck with his strange-ass father and a sister who acted like she was on thorazine. When "Dad" finally decided to hold off on making a decision on whether or not to buy the MP3 Player, he started to reach into his pocket and say, "Would you mind if I gave you something?" I'm thinking a $5 or $10 tip, but no... its a pamphlet that reads: "4 Things God Wants You To Know"- That explained everything...

1 comment: