Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 1, 2011

I Stand (Or Sit) Corrected?

Last week I criticized the corporate geniuses at Pencils who thought it would be a good idea to sell toilet paper at an office supply store. Yesterday, while covering the register for Karen, a lady came to the check-out with one package of the Charmin 16 roll pack. I had to ask, "What's up with the Charmin?" She told me that the price, $4.99 was almost half of what Walmart was selling it for, and when she used her 15% Rewards Points, "It a deal I can't pass up." Judging by her girth, I wanted to suggest she buy a second 16 roll pack. But here is where corporate should take note: She didn't buy anything else. No paper clips, no paper, not even the stupid $1 LED flashlight, only the toilet paper. So the marketing mavens did miss the mark. Like the bean-counters in corporate, customers who come to Pencils for the deal on toilet paper are only interested in one thing.... keeping their asses clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment